Fire Door Inspection Checklist
The following requirements are verified during the inspection and testing of a swinging fire door assembly (18.104.22.168).
1. Labels are present and legible.
2. No holes or breaks in door or frame.
3. Glazing and glass kit / glass beads are intact and securely fastened.
4. No Missing or broken parts.
5. Door clearances are within allowable limits.
6. Door closer / spring hinges are operational and door is self-closing.
7. Coordinator ensures that door leaves close in proper sequence (pairs only).
8. Door is self-latching in the closed position.
9. Opening is not equipped with auxiliary hardware items which interfere with operation.
10. No field modifications have been performed that void the label.
11. Gasketing and edge seals, where required, are present, continuous, and of the proper type for a fire door.
12. Signage on door covers less than 5% of door face and is not attached with mechanical fasteners.
Reference numbers in () refer to the applicable selections in Chapter 5 of NFPA 80-2013.
Unless designated, Pop-A-Lock locksmiths are not approved Fire Door Inspectors. But, there is a great deal of information related to Fire Door Assemblies and identifying issues for our existing customers or future customers. In a lot of cases, just common sense observations. We must always defer to a local inspector or AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction).